harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Reminder: stable build goal at end of month
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:47:53 GMT
Just a reminder, as discussed in various threads, we shall aim to
produce a solid build for Windows and Linux x86 (at least) at the end of
 next week; so that we have something to demo at ApacheCon and JavaOne
that is a true reflection of our current capabilities.

Of course, the Milestone will be simply a snapshot, carrying our usual
caveats.  The idea is that with conference talks taking place we may
expect a few people to download a build and try it around that time, so
being in the middle of a major restructuring would potentially do us an
injustice.

Most commits still seem to be on-going bug fixing, so that's all
goodness.  If you are planning on anything 'major' please ensure there
is enough time to get it stable, or please wait until after the
milestone build.  Similarly, if there is anything that is currently
'broken' that you think really needs fixing for that stability, please
shout here on the list.

There are still two weeks to go, I think the paranoia about not causing
regressions will really kick-in next week :-)

Regards,
Tim