harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] JavaOne milestone
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:39:29 GMT
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Guys,
>
> JavaOne is coming! :)
>
> I believe that some one of us (Geir? Tim?) will present Harmony on JavaOne.
> Let's support our representatives and create a milestone for it.
>
> I see at least two benefits from the milestone:
> 1. We can define the list of demos, stress test Harmony on this demos
> and fix the issues discovered.
> 2. We will have a link to binaries for interested people.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> What applications can we demonstrate Harmony with? Eclipse? Probably
> some benchmark results? jEdit? Other candidates?

There is a technical session on Harmony, so I agree it would be good to
get a solid download available for then (in fact, ApacheCon is the week
before, so I suggest we aim for end of April as a milestone build).

As discussed on the 'supported platforms' thread, building for PIII (or
better), with Windows and Linux should be sufficient.  We just need to
get a good run at the stability tests to ensure the milestone provides a
good, honest reflection of where we are at the moment.

Regards,
Tim