harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject [drlvm] Another mfence operation??? fast_thread_array???
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 05:03:15 GMT
I've run into another SSE2 operation in DRLVM, this time it's in the
hythr library, but I can't find the specific instance. According to
GDB, it's happening in fast_thread_array() in libhythr.so.

Is this from the 'apr_thread_ext.c' file? I'm going to attempt to
modify this to be like the changes I made to the 'atomics.cpp', so
that this can run on P3 (SSE) CPUs.

nathan@pants:~/harmony/drlvm-trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin$
./java -Xint -cp /home/nathan/workspace/helloworld/bin HelloWorld
Illegal instruction
nathan@pants:~/harmony/drlvm-trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin$
gdb --args ./java -Xint -cp /home/nathan/workspace/helloworld/bin
HelloWorld
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/home/nathan/harmony/drlvm-trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/java
-Xint -cp /home/nathan/workspace/helloworld/bin HelloWorld
[New Thread -1214834000 (LWP 32414)]
[New Thread -1215992944 (LWP 32417)]
[New process 32414]
[New LWP 32414]

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0xb7bc543f in fast_thread_array ()
   from /home/nathan/harmony/drlvm-trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/libhythr.so
(gdb) x/1i $eip
0xb7bc543f <fast_thread_array+510367>:  mfence
(gdb)