harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 05:18:31 GMT
On 4/16/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/17/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> > On 4/16/07, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > +1.
> > >
> > > But I have a question. Which tag should be use to check out concurrent code
> > > for 1.6?
> > >

> > That's only partially true; there are some minor changes that have
> > been made on top of that code, as the code behind that tag has some
> > compile errors.
> >
> > > Current concurrent code used for 1.5 is using URL:
> > > http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jsr166/?only_with_tag=JSR166_PFD
> > > That is tag only_with_tag=JSR166_PFD.
> > >
> > > http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jsr166/ seems oak. Your
> > > opinion?
> >
> > We'd likely just take the trunk and see how it compares with JAPI
> > reports against Java 6 RI. Are the JAPI reports still being run?
> >

> My understanding is that in the classlib's branch we can use 1.5 for
> concurrent code and take concurrent trunk into classlib's branch
> latter. Correct?

I presume you mean that after the Java 5 is tagged and the trunk
becomes the Java 6/latest  branch again, then yes, we can pull in the
latest copy of the concurrent code there.

Keep in mind, we do have to grab a copy of the code and check it into
SVN. Since it's public domain code, we keep it in the 'standard'
folder and pull it into classlib via an svn:externals link.

-Nathan