harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [general] JavaOne milestone
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:56:09 GMT
Alexey,

I'm now working on enabling Netbeans.

Most of currently filed issues are either fixed or have known temporal
workarounds (e. g. Xalan can be disabled in bootclasspath.properties to
allow NetBeans to start), but even more problems are being investigated
and not filed yet.

For now, NetBeans starts and draws the GUI, but otherwise the interface
mostly doesn't work. One can do File - Exit, but that's almost all - no
child windows can be opened. Clearly, many problems in AWT/Swing still
need to be addressed.

Vasily Zakharov
Intel ESSD

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey Petrenko [mailto:alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:43 AM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: [general] JavaOne milestone

Yep, NetBeans woud be really nice.
There are 5 open JIRA issues with Netbeans related problems.
As far as I know JBoss works with Harmony.

It looks like the one of the most common problem is widely used by
community java libraries in bootclasspath of Harmony. Like xalan or
xerces. As far as I remember we have some JIRA issues on that.
Could anybody say what is the progress on this issue? If there is any...
:)

SY, Alexey