harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [snapshot] Missing debug info in class files
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:00:35 GMT
Well, AFAIK Sun JRE (at least 1.5.x and 1.6.x) strips debug info from
classes. This is also true for BEA JRockit *JDK* 1.5. However, Sun's
JDK 1.5 (AKA RI) includes debug symbols. So I think it is reasonable
for us to drop such info from JRE builds when probably nobody needs it
and include in JDK builds.

Regards,

--
Alexei Zakharov,