harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][beans]Excluded tests for beans module.
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:40:38 GMT
Hi Leo,

I've spent plenty of time in the past trying to enable all these beans
tests. The main reason why they are excluded is the fact that they
never pass. :) And nobody has enough time and energy to change this
situation. Originally these tests and the code of java.beans package
itself came from different contributions. And they really didn't fit
each other well. Many tests check implementation details of some
third-party's implementation that is neither Harmony nor RI. However,
it much closer to RI than to Harmony. :) IMO the most tricky part are
tests for XMLEncoder / XMLDecoder. Be prepared that you might need to
significantly rework or even rewrite these classes in order to enable
corresponding tests.

However, if you like to start working on it - it's a good news. Go
ahead! Don't hesitate to ask questions. I think I still remember
something and most likely can answer simple questions. :)
Good luck.

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel ESSD