harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Kuksenko" <sergey.kukse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][performance] Harmony's great performance of ArrayList.add(int index, Object element)
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:28:10 GMT
On 4/24/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > And the third - java.util.Vector was declared as obsolete since Java 2.
>
> Sergey,
> Could you please clarify the 3rd statement? I never seen it deprecated
> or usage of it discouraged in official specifications.

I didn't write "deprecated".
I mean all Sun's advertisements about new Collections API (it was new at
Java2 time).
Like: "Collection API is much better then old Vector and Hashtable and it
would be better if you use this Collection API".
Vector & Hashtable are obsolete by common sense.

Best regards,
---
Sergey Kuksenko.
Intel Enterprise Solutions Software Division.