harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 09:38:38 GMT
well, it is impossible to take a toy to java one 2007 ;-)

If we choose braching(actually we have no choice unless we delay our
work on java6 and wait for a stable java5), there are two ways to go.

1. Every committer need do "svn merge" going with his commit. manually
work shoud be taken only if there are conflicts found.

2. Identify someone working on java 6 branch to merge the code
periodically. I suggest that one for DRLVM and one for classlib, they
are responsible for updating the fixing on java5 to branch. A script
could take almost all the job, they can take a look at the report
periodically and take action if some conflicts were found.

Basically, braching is not so terrible as Mr.Gilbert thought. And I
believe Harmony will nerver die.

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM