harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [snapshot] Freezing the code for Milestone build?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:33:12 GMT

On 26 April 2007 at 22:39, "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Stepan Mishura wrote:

> > > I'd say they updated semi-automatically - I've not scheduled the
> > > script which builds and uploads them. And I kick the script when I see
> > > that all CC scenarios pass.
> >
> > I see.  Please would you also send mail to the list when you have
> > updated the snapshots so we all know they have changed.
> >

> OK, I'm going to add 'release candidate' paragraph with links to
> milestone candidates.

> > > I think while we testing release candidates we should keep them on the
> > > site. So it makes sense for me to update the download page with
> > > separate links to release candidates.
> >
> > Agreed, and thanks for volunteering.
> > Can you do Linux candidates for both c++ library versions?
> >

> Just to be sure that I do this in correct way. Currently I'm checking
> which libraries installed on machines I use for building. Some of them
> have libstdc++5 and some have both.
>
> What is correct way to check that a required library for building is
> used?

The easiest way is just to check the resulting .so files in
deploy/jdk/jre/bin with ldd.  I thought that the main issue was with the
icu libraries compiled against libstdc++5 that are in svn.

Earlier this week I checked in versions that use libstdc++.so.6 and
added an ant flag (-Duse.libstdc++6=true) to use them on the x86 builds.

Thinking about this some more though... we'll have a problem trying to
build with libstdc++.so.5 because although the libicu* files might use
libstdc++.so.5 your compiler might default to libstdc++.so.6 for the
awt native builds.  Mine certainly does and I don't know a quick way to
avoid this.

I'm afraid I'm going to be without web access until Monday so I can't be
more help.

-Mark.