harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] tests failing on Win2000 PIII
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:14:18 GMT
On Friday 02 March 2007 21:56 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I thought it used to work.  Also, I thought that someone had shown
> that Win2k was still widely deployed.  maybe that's win2k+3?  (I can
> never keep the windows platform family straight anymore...)

Resurrecting this old thread about w2k, Nathan, what happens if you just
comment out the line with AddVectoredExceptionHandler? In this case you'll
lose a handler registration, so you will not have hardware NPEs (I am not
sure about the JIT status for ia32, are hardware NPEs enabled for this
architecture?), you won't have JVMTI breakpoints in JIT mode, so debugging
won't work. But the rest of VM should work on w2k with the exception of the
code which uses P4 specific instructions.

If this helps to at least start running the VM, I think it could be possible
to move from vectored exceptions to older structured ones on w2k and make it
a supported platform.

If you get illegal instruction like mfence on w2k as well, probably the
modifications which Evgueni Brevnov is going to offer for P3 backport on
Linux could help you running at least something...

I am asking because I don't have either w2k or P3 processor, so all I can do
to help right now is give some suggestions.

--
Gregory