harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drvm][jit] ABCD does not eliminate upper bound check
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:38:50 GMT
On the 0x2BA day of Apache Harmony Maksim Ananjev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried to apply new ABCD optimization path to the following code:
>
> int[] array = new int[10];
> int l = array.length;
> for(int i =0; i<l; i++)
> {
>        array[i] = i;
> }
>
> However the bounds check on the assignment inside the loop was not eliminated.
>
> I used the patches from here:
>
> I unzipped files in vm.zip and added them in
> jitrino/src/optimizer/abcd/ folder. Then I applied
> abcd_update_1_full.patch. Then I added "classic_abcd" to opt.emconf
>
> But according to log file upper bound check cannot be proved
> redundant. That's strange because this case looks rather obvious.
>
> May be I did something wrong in applying the patch? Or ABCD really
> cannot deal with such case?

Maksim, I managed to your test with Naveens patch over the latest HEAD
and it *did* eliminate the chkbounds instruction!

The path I used was:
-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.optimizer=ssa,devirt,inline,uce,purge,simplify,dce,uce,lazyexc,memopt,simplify,dce,uce,classic_abcd,dce,uce,lower,dessa,statprof,markglobals

--
Egor Pasko