harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] abcd and devirtualizer patches was: [OT] Harmony used in accepted research paper
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 06:42:38 GMT
On the 0x2B6 day of Apache Harmony Naveen Neelakantam wrote:
> I've uploaded a patch against Egor's ABCD implementation in
> HARMONY-1788.   It passes the tests included with HARMONY-2141,
> HARMONY-2144 and HARMONY-2147, and removes all but one bounds check
> from BidirectionalBubbleSort in HARMONY-1564.  I've also ran the
> DaCapo benchmarks using it and it doesn't seem to break anything.

Naveen, I am somewhere in the middle of looking at your great
work. Sorry for being so slow, but, you know, making sure that ABCD
works as expected is not an easy thing to do :)

One major question for now: Why do we need two separate inequality
graphs, for upper and lower bound problems? You name the lower bound
graph as 'inverted', but I do not see any 'inverted' edges in tests I
tried. It seems like we can merge two graphs into one in the way extra
pi edges they won't disturb each other.

Do you have any quick counter-example to this approach (so I do not
stagger for a long time searching it)?

Will ask/comment more soon.

--
Egor Pasko