harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Wayne Beaton" <wa...@eclipse.org>
Subject Harmony+Eclipse and Scrapbook Pages
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:32:01 GMT
Greetings folks. I've been testing Harmony (April 18) with Eclipse 3.2.2.
Almost everything I've tried seems to just work (including the Eclipse
platform UI test suite). I finally managed to run into a problem with
Scrapbook pages. When I try to evaluate anything on a scrapbook page, I get
this message "Evaluation failed: internal error - unable to obtain an
execution context." There's nothing in the log.

Has this problem been encountered yet? I didn't see any discussion of it in
the mailing list archives or in JIRA. I did start to try and sort out the
problem (I assume that it has something to do with the communication between
JVMs), but debugging Eclipse in Harmony is pretty slow and after a couple of
crashes, I decided I'd see if anybody else had a track on this problem
before I spend any more cycles trying to sort it out.

FWIW, I've been testing Eclipse 3.2.2 and Web Tools 1.5.2 deploying against
Tomcat 5.5.9, all of it running quite flawlessly on Harmony. That is, until
I try and debug. I assume that the performance degradation of debug mode is
known and will be addressed at some point. Let me know if I am in error and
should dig into the cause of this.

Thanks,

Wayne
--