harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony Q2 release requirements
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:32:13 GMT
2007/3/5, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:

> According to our high-level roadmap [1] we were going to make our
> first release in Q2. Let's define what we would like to see in our Q2
> release. If there are no objections let's discuss what we want that
> release being able to do.
>
> I suggest that we focus on stability measured by being able to
> successfully run a few solid applications and by pass rates for the
> test suites.
> So, I think in Q2 we should 1) run reasonable set of applications 2)
> have reasonable testing infrastructure and 3) pass reasonable set of
> test suites.

4) reach reasonable number of public API test coverage.

IIRC  the current method coverage of Harmony test suites is only about 60%,
i.e., almost 40% methods never touched, and I'm not very optimistic on the
public API coverage(this raises another issues, how can we get public API
coverage? seems Emma cannot generated this kind of report easily?).

I understand that there are several reasons, say, several modules come from
existing projects, like yoko, mx4j, etc, but still we can  continuously run
their own test suites on Harmony in some way like Gump, otherwise how could
we confidently say it works fine with Harmony?

Though we will be happy to accept all the patches that fix existing

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development laboratory