harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:55:08 GMT
No, "hy.os" has semantics of OS family name and is used accordingly,
let's leave it as is.
You might want to introduce a *new* property for that, like
"hy.os.version" or "hy.os.flavor", and perform *additional* lookup for
x-list using that property. IIRC we already had different failures on
WinXP and Win2003 server, but our x-list machinery was not so advanced
at that time. So let's add such feature now ;)

2007/3/19, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com>:
> Well, I see. But the current scheme for exclude lists' names is:
> exclude.${hy.os}.${hy.arch}.${hy.test.vm.name}
>
> So the last portion of the name is "hy.test.vm.name" - (originally)
> the name of JVM to be run. In fact, if we like to add special support
> for Windows 2000 we can encapsulate it in "hy.os" property. It is
> "windows" for all windows platforms currently. However, it seems
> Windows 2K can be detected through ant's condition:
> <os name="Windows 2000">
> since System.getProperty("os.name") returns "Windows 2000", at least
> on all modern version of RI :) [1]. This way, we may choose some value
> like "win2000" or "windows2k" and the resulted exclude list name will
> look like:
> exclude.windows2k.x86.ibm
>
> Thoughts?
>
> [1] http://tolstoy.com/samizdat/sysprops-windows.html
>
> Regards,
>
> 2007/3/17, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org>:
> > Note, the IBM VM works perfectly well on Windows 2000. It's just the
> > class library code that doesn't. I think it would be more appropriate
> > to be something like "exclude.x86.windows.2000"
> >
> > -Nathan

> > > Well, we may add it. For example choose some exotic vm name -
> > > "ibm2000", "ibm2" or like it. The corresponding exclude list will have
> > > name "exclude.windows.x86.ibm2000".
> > >
> > > Regards,

Apparently it's a