harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][winx86][build][gc_gen] pls fix gc_gen build on windows/em64t
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:19:10 GMT
 > As for the community, we hope any criticisms be constructive...

That's why I did not write "this is good" or "this is bad" but I wrote
"It is the same to win/ia32" and "I propose"...

I did not mean to hurt anyone.

Whatever... I can prepare updates to quickhelp_contributors.html by
myself & Nadia can commit them (looks like she supports my proposal).
Especially because we have Linux/X86_64 build & Linux/IA64 one & looks
like quickhelp_contributors.html says nothing about them.

Peace,

Vladimir Beliaev

Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> On 3/28/07, Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beliaev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Xiao Feng,
>>
>> As far as I understand you propose to one to put on wiki page all issues
>> (with solutions) one came across doing something... I sure this is a way
>> to produce the unstructured documentation one can never navigate
>> successfully.
>

>> Also, if I start doing something I'm tried to end it with the highest
>> quality - so I'm opened to criticism, feedback, comments. And if I
>> understand clear then one should not give you any feedback until one
>> does <this thing you did> better...
>
> As for the community, we hope any criticisms be constructive...
>
> Peace,
>
> xiaofeng
>
>> Ok, sounds good for me...
>>
>> Vladimir Beliaev
>>
>> Xiao-Feng Li wrote:

>> windows/ia32
>> >
>> > This wiki page is for people who fail to build win64 Harmony in the
>> > same way as for Win32, not intended for people who don't have problem
>> > with it. If you don't see any difference, you don't need to read this
>> > page.

>> pretty
>> he/she
>> >
>> > This is not so natural for me, that's why I put it there.
>> > 1. I am on a Win64 platform which has JDK installed. No
>> > one/information tells me I should reinstall a 64bit JDK, just like I
>> > didn't reinstall SVN and ANT.
>> > 2. With 32-bit JDK, the build failed because the platform architecture
>> > is AMD64, which guided the build script to some incorrect patch for
>> > me.

>> there
>> >
>> > Yes, but it's only obvious for you. Why should the user know she has
>> > to use MSVC2005? Can't she try with Intel compiler? Or can't she try
>> > to look for "MSVC2007"?

>> mentioned.
>> it is
>> bat
>> >
>> > If you didn't meet any issue with it, you don't need to know it. I met
>> > this problem and I know some friends met this problem too. I never
>> > type the long path; instead, I just drag & drop the command.

>> least my
>> >
>> > Yes, please.  I created this wiki page because no one else put the
>> > useful info somewhere. When the information is available somewhere, we
>> > can definitely remove this page.

>> stuff
>> >
>> > Where are the "over tons of documents" that can help people to build
>> > Win64 Harmony?

>> > Yes, please. I just volunteered to do what I thought right and useful
>> > to the Harmony community. You can volunteer to do what you think
>> > right. And I never criticize other people's serious contribution
>> > unless my contribution is better.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > xiaofeng

>> wiki?