harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] Gregory, please stop committing patches to the threading subsystem for now
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:43:11 GMT
Weldon Washburn wrote:
> Gregory,
> Please stop committing patches to the threading subsystem.  I really need
> time to look at patches such as H3504 before they are committed.
> All,
> This really highlights an issue that needs solving.  We now need to
> determine a very short list of Harmony VM engineers who will work on the
> threading subsystem.  The top priority is fixing basic design problems with
> the existing drlvm Thread Manager.  I think this short list is Peter
> Novodvorsky, Pavel Rebriy and myself.  We will use a combination of
> dev@harmony for decisons and irc freenode.net/harmony for interactive
> discussions.

Hello Weldon. The original patch in HARMONY-3504 was approved by Pavel
and Peter in another thread today.

You can also see that the change I've done is not what the original
patch did. I noticed a possible race condition and both Pavel and Peter
agreed with me. So hope I can account for some trivial treading changes
such as 1 line assertion removal.

--
Gregory