harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] Error attempting to compile working_vm on x86_64 Linux Platform
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:51:50 GMT
Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
>> How to fix it in SVN?

I've fixed this in 522890. The commit for HARMONY-3485 added a local
variable that isn't used. GCC 4.1.1 produced a warning for this variable
initialization that I reproduced on my Gentoo installation. BTW GC_GEN
doesn't build on GCC 4.1.1 too but I don't really know how to fix.
Xiao-Feng, could you please take a look at it?

>> Do we have a CC configuration that caught this problem?
>
> Actually, no. We have CC on top of SUSE 9 with gcc 3.3.3. And it
> reports 'passed' status.

I've suggested to upgrade the testing target for CC some time ago in
[1]. It would really help to catch warnings produced by modern
compilers. GCC 3.3.3 is more than 3 years old and most people use
distributions with newer versions.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/21903

--
Gregory