harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] need a safe way to populate sources
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:49:13 GMT
Hello,

 > so doing the cleanup and an update should be fine.

I think I did not do myself clear. Let me say in other words:

- I'm doing "ant populate_source" & I got the error...

- I believe this means some of sources were not populated (checked out).

- so 'svn cleanup; svn update' does not work - some sources may be
missed as result...

I've double checked (sorry I do not spend time reading through
documentation & inspecting build files) directly following your
recommendation - simulating the case when "populate sources" was broken
at very beginning (like it was not run at all):

$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/trunk
A    trunk/NOTICE
A    trunk/LICENSE
A    trunk/common_resources
A    trunk/working_vm
A    trunk/COPYRIGHT
A    trunk/working_jdktools
A    trunk/THIRD_PARTY_NOTICES.txt
A    trunk/working_classlib
A    trunk/build.xml
Checked out revision 520880.
$ cd trunk/working_classlib
$ svn cleanup
$ svn update
At revision 520884.
$ cd ..
$ svn update
At revision 520884.

So no new sources were got of 'ant populate_source' was not executed (or
broken at very beginning).

So my question is still valid - what is the right way to proceed (not
restart) if 'ant populate_source' fails?

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev