harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Strange problems with std::out and "Hello World" application
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:38:52 GMT
Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Does anyone have the same problem as me today:
>
> Win32: simple HelloWorld application prints nothing and fails with
> p_TLS_vmthread assertion for all -Xem:opt/jet/interpreter modes
> ?
> Stack trace:
>>    harmonyvm.dll!_assert(const char * expr=0x007f0150, const char *
> filename=0x007f00e8, unsigned int lineno=212)  Line 295    C
>     harmonyvm.dll!vectored_exception_handler_internal(_EXCEPTION_POINTERS *
> nt_exception=0x0013f7e0)  Line 212 + 0x27    C++
>     harmonyvm.dll!vectored_exception_handler(_EXCEPTION_POINTERS *
> nt_exception=0x0013f7e0)  Line 122    C++
>     ntdll.dll!7c942dcf()

I've seen this stack trace on windows x86_64 and on VM compiled on ia32
windows, but with MSVC 2005. Could it be that you've tried it by a chance?

MSVC happened to have runtime quite different from the version 2003, and
it appears to throw exceptions in very unexpected places when there is
no VM TLS state. The problems appeared after the new crash handler which
was committed in HARMONY-1912, but wasn't tested on MSVC 2005 since it
is currently used only on windows x86_64. Ilya Berezhniuk has submitted
a patch to fix the problems in HARMONY-3428 and I've just committed the
patch. I checked the version on windows x86_64 and ia32 compiled with
MSVC 2005, and all the problems seem to be gone now. Let me know if the
bug persists after update to revision 520531.

--
Gregory