harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] need a safe way to populate sources
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:24:32 GMT
Hello, Nathan

thanks for the answer.

 > What OS are you running SVN on?

These are windows/ia32, windows/x86_64.

Still it seems to be not a problem of the "long names" because I'm doing
"fresh build" in the same directory (after previously got trunk is
removed) - sometimes it passes w/o any issues, sometimes it fails on
"ant populate_source" stage.

 > you may want to try running "svn cleanup" on them.

Right. This is what 'svn' says sometimes on the next step if 'ant
populate_source' fails.

 > Another option is to run "svn update" from within the working_*
folders individually.

This is a point which is not quite clear for me - the source of my
original question... :)

Looks like one can do "svn update" right after "svn co ..." from
working_* directories. If "svn update" fails (say due to slow
connection) then I can just repeat it... And it is the "safe way to get
resources".

So, why do we need this "ant populate_source" then?

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev