harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] a question about JIRA H3253
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:37:31 GMT
Rana Dasgupta wrote:
> IMHO we may be better off if we post brief discussions on
> commits/reviews on
> the JIRA, rather than on the list, unless it is an architectural issue or
> one where several opinions could add value. There seem to be several
> threads
> where the entire thread consists of a single post and a response :-)

Rana,

there is nothing wrong in a single post and a response, because the purpose of
harmony-dev posting is to discuss things *in public*, rather than having hot
discussions all the time.

Should Weldon posted his comment in JIRA, I would probably miss it.

And, by the way, using locks *is* an architectural issue.