harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Discussion: how to keep up stability and fast progress all together?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:00:33 GMT
On 3/30/07, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I understand noticeable amount of failures are false failures.
> For example yesterday we had CC failures on all platforms because of
> "build clean" target failure...
>
> Is my feeling correct?

This week we saw a number of CC failures because of timeout. Actually some
DRLVM smoke tests started hanging since last weekend. Two issues have been
already reported and announced at another thread.

As for improving stability, I think we need to implement iterative runs of
DRLVM tests similar to iterative runs of classlib tests and put it under CC.

When I ran the tests iteratively on my machine with a primitive shell
script, I managed to reveal a number of intermittent failures and reported
them to JIRA. I think we need to have such testing on a permanent basis.

Thanks,
Elene

SY, Alexey