harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] what's the purpose to set NEXT_TO_HIGH_BIT_SET_MASK in object size?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:26:32 GMT
Xiao-Feng,

All the infructructure is in place. It is just do not work at the moment.
As Class.newInstance is not native, NSO does not replace it's implementation
with VM's stub.
If NEXT_TO_HIGH_BIT-supporting code is to be removed, the rest of the code
(NSO implementations for ia32 and ia64) has to be removed altogether to not
provoke any errors in the future.

Does removing NSO overrides for Class.newInstance look reasonable for you?

WBR,
    Pavel.

--
Pavel Pervov,