harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony Q2 release requirements
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:09:23 GMT
2007/3/5, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:
> According to our high-level roadmap [1] we were going to make our
> first release in Q2. Let's define what we would like to see in our Q2
> release. If there are no objections let's discuss what we want that
> release being able to do.
>
> I suggest that we focus on stability measured by being able to
> successfully run a few solid applications and by pass rates for the
> test suites.
> So, I think in Q2 we should 1) run reasonable set of applications 2)
> have reasonable testing infrastructure and 3) pass reasonable set of
> test suites.
>
> Though we will be happy to accept all the patches that fix existing
> problems or add missing functionality, I suggest that people who hang
> around will focus on those scenarios that we will choose here
>
> Objections? :)
No objections! :)
We definitely need a milestone since milestones helps to keep us and
Harmony in good shape.

> If there are no objections again, I'd like to propose that we will target:
>
> 1) keeping all the enabled apps in the "up" state
> (we will create a list of enabled apps and put them all into cruise control)
>
> 2) running 2-3 open source server-side software
>

> 3) running 2-3 open source developers tools
>

> 4) setting up necessary testing infrastructure and having near 100%
> pass rates for the suites we have
>

> 5) what about commercial software? Some time ago we agreed that it's
> OK to report failures/regression of commercial software. Should we
> have them in the "requirements" to our Q2 release?

I think that we also need performance targets: run some benchmarks and
demonstrate reasonable results.
We are using Dacapo and SciMark now [1].

Do we need some additional benchmarks? And what will the reasonable
target results?

> Since currently the most stable platform is Windows/IA32 I suggest
> that Harmony Q2 will be released on that specific platform
+1

SY, Alexey

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/performance.html