harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][opt] Two JIRAs created. Please take a look!
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:41:22 GMT
Elena,
I'm afraid that the test from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3379 has never passed with OPT
before.
Here is the test:
---------------
        ReferenceQueue queue = new ReferenceQueue();
        Object referent = new PhantomReferenceTest();
        Reference ref = new PhantomReference(referent, queue);

        // drop strong reference
        referent = null;

        System.gc();

        // run finalization to be sure that the reference is enqueued
        System.runFinalization();

        Reference enqueued;
        enqueued = queue.poll();
        if (enqueued == null) {
            System.out.println("FAIL: reference was not enqueued");
            return;
        }
        if (ref.get() != null) {
            System.out.println("FAIL: reference was not cleared.");
            return;
        }
---------------

the ref.get() content:
----------------------
    public T get() {
        return null;
    }
----------------------

Reference constructor:
----------------------
    Reference(T referent, ReferenceQueue<? super T> q) {
        this.queue = q;
        this.referent = referent;
   }

As you can see if all methods of the 'ref' object are inlined, the 'ref'
object is eliminated as dead code.
I think that test is not correct.

--
Mikhail Fursov