harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Classlib][General] Looking for some profiler tools to use
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 06:09:24 GMT
You may want to use Eclipse TPTP Java profiler from Eclipse Test &
Performance Tools Platform Project [1]. Current version 4.4.0 includes
new JVMTI profiler, which supports Execution time analysis, Threads
status analysis, and Objects allocation analysis. It supports
profiling both application and system classes, just set appropriate
filters in Monitor tab of launching configuration.

This is development version, which is not yet much stable and
convenient, but it became much better last time. You may download
stable or candidate build here [2]. See good instruction how to setup
TPTP JVMTI profiler in [3]. This instruction is slightly outdated, but
still useful. Updated instruction will appear shortly. Also very
useful changes in launching configuration are expected soon, which
will greatly facilitate launching application under profiler.

I checked TPTP profiler with Harmony JDK and it appeared working quite
well. Let me know if you'll experience any problems with TPTP
profiler.

Thanks.
Ivan

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/