harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jni] NewGlobalRef() returns NULL for pending exception object
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:41:35 GMT
Gregory,

Since ExceptionClear() zeroes reference to exception object, it may be
collected before subsequent call to NewGlobalRef() can pin it. The
only safe way to prevent exception from garbage collection and be able
to report it to debugger is to call NewGlobalRef() before
ExceptionClear(). I cannot find any other solution.

Though this does not follow well JNI spec (which is quite vague in
many points), it works with RI. And I'd like NewGlobalRef() to be
fixed and don't return NULL in this case. Do you agree?

Thanks.
Ivan