harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][threading] DRLVM intermittently hangs on exit while detaching thread
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:14:57 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed several JPDA tests intermittently timed out on Linux and
there are problems in using Eclipse Java debugger. I submitted this in
HARMONY-3314.

The problem is that debuggee DRLVM process intermittently hangs on
exit while detaching thread. I've added stack trace to JIRA and I'd
appreciate if someone from DRLVM threads gurus can look at this
problem and help to identify the root cause.

I noticed tests failures only on a multi-threaded Linux box, but
Eclipse debugger also fails sometime on Windows (JVM process is not
terminated after debug session ended). I suspect this is a timing
issue.

Thanks.
Ivan