harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Novodvorsky" <peter.novodvor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] Some smoke tests started to hang this week on linux x86
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:27:52 GMT
Elena,

On 3/28/07, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:
> This week I noticed that some smoke tests hung in iterative runs on linux
> x86. I did not see this before. Possibly they detect some new issues.
>
> Today I saw that gc.SynchronizedFinilazersTest hung and filed
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3517.

Thanks for posting this JIRA. When the bug reproduces rather seldom
it's very important to get all the information you can get, when you
catch the bug. You're doing very good job posting C back traces for
all the threads.

When I'm using gdb for debugging, I run
   print st_print()
for each thread and get Java stack in addition to C back trace. It
would be useful if it would become a standard for such JIRAs.

Thanks,
Peter.