harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] where we are with the "developers' releases"?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 06:56:54 GMT

On Mar 22, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Mikhail Loenko wrote:

> I have talked to some people who are interested in trying their
> apps on Harmony
> and report back/fix the problems.
>
> I'm reluctant to give them a link to the snapshots built from a
> random state.

Why would you think they are from a random state?  The snaps should
pass the tests, as you have noted below.

> What I suggest is: synchronize different Cruise Control runs.
>
> So, some CC scenarios run more often, some run less often. Would it be
> possible for the more often scenarios to include all thus revisions
> where less often scenarios run plus something else?

We did talk about that - the less often would run on revisions that
passed the earlier stages, so you would know that we weren't testing
known crap.

> In this case we can take the revisions where the least often
> scenario runs
> and publish them as "tested snapshots" (if all the CCs were fine on
> them of course)
>
> I feel that it might be easily implemented: there might be a
> scheduler script
> that monitors commits and put something on the Harmony web site
> and CC infrastructure that monitors the website and run CCs
> accordingly.
>
> Opinions?

That's fine - this is good - but these still are "snapshots", not
"developers' releases"

geir