harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] proposal : starting a release train
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:53:39 GMT

On Mar 9, 2007, at 2:01 AM, Alex Blewitt wrote:

> On 08/03/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
>> > I just want to get us going w/ the release train
>> > geir
>>
>> I agree. If we want to get away from this completely, just use a date
>> stamp (e.g. 20070307) and be done with it.
>
> +1 for date stamp instead.

You can't, because we want to be able to plan - to have named
releases that are planned into the future we can rally around.  Have
a list in wiki/website with a set of milestones, the features, bugs,
etc.  I'd rather not tie it to dates, because it would be weird if
the schedule slips to announce the march release in april, if you see
what I mean.

I think you're missing what I'm trying to get across here.

Since there's no real objection to the milestone naming "M1, M2,
M3..."  we can start with that.

geir