harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony Q2 release requirements
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:09:55 GMT

On Mar 5, 2007, at 6:31 AM, Egor Pasko wrote:

> On the 0x290 day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Loenko wrote:

>>> I mean we should IMHO make a focus: have superb results on a single
>>> platform on a limited set of applications rather than have million
>>> somehow working scenarios
>>> on a dozen of platforms.
>>
>> Does it make sense?
>
> I think, limiting ourselves for the next milestone is a good
> idea. Though, IMHO, limiting ourseles to windows is more of a
> limitation than of making us focused. It does not take much effort to
> support Linux with te same priority of bugfixing (if scenarious are
> pretty automated), but lets people be sure that we are not to break
> their work in favour to support windows faster.
>
> There may be a hybrid strategy: improve on windows, do not break
> anything on Linux, seems pretty acceptable to me.

I have zero interest in exclusively working on Windows.  None.  Zip.
Zero.  Nada.

Linux is a peer distro for this project.  It always has been.

To be an open source project that only distributes software for
closed source ecosystems like Windows is the sort of irony I'd prefer
not to be associated with :)

geir