harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] synchronizing native and java access of the thread state (Harmony-3289)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:10:44 GMT
If the thread states query and modification methods are mostly native,
I think a native lock is more feasible. Then we don't need a special
trick to stuff a java object with a "native" field.

Btw, native methods, including JVMTI, can use native monitor APIs to
access the Java object lock. But I would prefer native locking for
threading operations.

Thanks,
xiaofeng