harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] where we are with the "developers' releases"?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:07:16 GMT
> On 3/22/07, Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > I have talked to some people who are interested in trying their apps on Harmony
> > and report back/fix the problems.
> >
> > I'm reluctant to give them a link to the snapshots built from a random state.
> >

> I guess you imply random = 'may be broken'. Actually, I monitor CC
> state and publish snapshots only if CC is up. Additionally often I run

you publish them manually???

> classlib tests (awt,swing excluded) for on snapshots.
>
> > What I suggest is: synchronize different Cruise Control runs.
> >
> > So, some CC scenarios run more often, some run less often. Would it be
> > possible for the more often scenarios to include all thus revisions
> > where less often scenarios run plus something else?
> >

> Not sure that I understood what you mean ... could you clarify?

well if short-cycle runs against revisions: 3, 5, 7, 12, 15, 19 and
long-cycle runs against 1, 11, 21, then it's not what I desire

if short-cycles run against 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and long cycle
against 4, 8, 12, then it's OK

> > In this case we can take the revisions where the least often scenario runs
> > and publish them as "tested snapshots" (if all the CCs were fine on
> > them of course)
> >
> > I feel that it might be easily implemented: there might be a scheduler script
> > that monitors commits and put something on the Harmony web site
> > and CC infrastructure that monitors the website and run CCs accordingly.
> >
> > Opinions?
> >

> From my point of view the problem is technical - synchronizing CC for
> different platforms. By 'synchronizing' I mean running CC on all
> platforms for the same svn revision. If all CC testing scenarios pass
> (long cycle)  we publish snapshots for that revision as 'developer
> builds'. Does it works for you?

what I suggest is the script that mantains a number of lists:
list-1h will contain reivision numbers for CCs that run less than 1 hour,
list-2h ----//---- that run from 1 hour to 2 hour
list-1d for CCs run a whole day

CCs will take the revision numbers from that lists

Thanks,
Mikhail