harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Netbeans addresses RI-specific fields
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:35:01 GMT
Vasily,

It looks like kitRegistryKey and kitTypeRegistryKey are similar to the
fields where contentType => editorKit matching may be stored.

They might substitute the original editorKits to their own one using
this non-public API. I have no idea what sun.awt.AppContext class does.
Additionally a value is taken from AppContext, and then put back but
wrapped into another type.

All the above are just my guesses from reading the source of
EditorModule.java -- I don't know for sure.
Since there's a comment about using AppContext class

// XXX this is illegal! Must use reflection and have a proper fallback.

I think the best thing we can do is file a bug to NetBeans, and do
nothing on our part.

Regards,
Alexey.

--