harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][swing][test] HTML tests
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 07:50:24 GMT
Alexey, all,

Unfortunately I can't devote much time to this problem now. I brought up
this problem four months ago -- everybody ignored it.

To my mind, it isn't worth sorting out all of the tests. Most of Swing
classes have protected methods which are very convenient to use without
any overhead of overriding a class. As far as I remember there are not
many Swing tests which can run at classpath as opposed to bootclasspath.
Another point is that an issue may arise, regression test for which will
require using a protected method or a protected class.

So I'd propose to move all swing tests the java.injected folder so that
the guidelines hold. If community still insists on separating these two
kinds of tests, it can be performed gradually, when fixing bugs for
example. However this approach will bring much overhead to committers,
to simplicity, to implementation of exclude lists etc.

Regards,
Alexey.

--
Alexey A. Ivanov