harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] proposal : starting a release train
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:15:44 GMT

On Mar 8, 2007, at 9:06 PM, Nathan Beyer wrote:

> Of all the suggested version, I'd vote for - Apache Harmony Java SE
> 5 M1.
>
> If we have to worry about the name we could replace Java SE with "JSE"
> or "java se".
>
> After the full release, we'll have to do something like "update 1" or
> whatever, so the run would look something like this, I guess.
>
> Apache Harmony Java SE 5 M1
> Apache Harmony Java SE 5 M2
> Apache Harmony Java SE 5 M3
> Apache Harmony Java SE 5 R1 (official release)

Have you ever seen that before anywhere else?

> Apache Harmony Java SE 5 R2 (update/fix)
> Apache Harmony Java SE 5 R3 (update/fix)
>
> I'd also be cool with using 'alpha 1' and 'beta 1' instead of Mx.

I think of alpha and beta  as "getting close" and we aren't there yet.

How about   "pre 1"  "pre 2"  "pre 3"  so it's clear we aren't 1.0
yet, and then we don't have confusion later when we decide on a real
version naming scheme.  I don't think we need to solve it all now.

I just want to get us going w/ the release train
eir