harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Discussion: how to keep up stability and fast progress all together?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:31:39 GMT
Hi,

We made a big progress in improving the project's code base. Just for
example, a total number of excluded tests in the class library were
reduced by ~ 60 entries in two months. Also taking into account that
Windows x86_64 build was enabled and the test suite is growing I think
this is a good progress indicator for the Class library. The same for
DRL VM – new testing modes are added and a total number of excluded
tests for most of modes are reducing. Let's keep up good progress!

But I'd like to attract attention to stability issues. I've been
monitoring CC status for a couple of months and I my impression that
situation with stability become worse – a number of reports about
failures is growing. I'm afraid that if we set keeping good stability
aside then it may affect the overall project's progress.

I'd like to encourage everybody to pay attention to stability side and
to hear ideas how to improve the situation?

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura