harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] where we are with the "developers' releases"?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:37:12 GMT
On 3/22/07, Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> I have talked to some people who are interested in trying their apps on Harmony
> and report back/fix the problems.
>
> I'm reluctant to give them a link to the snapshots built from a random state.

I guess you imply random = 'may be broken'. Actually, I monitor CC
state and publish snapshots only if CC is up. Additionally often I run
classlib tests (awt,swing excluded) for on snapshots.

> What I suggest is: synchronize different Cruise Control runs.
>
> So, some CC scenarios run more often, some run less often. Would it be
> possible for the more often scenarios to include all thus revisions
> where less often scenarios run plus something else?

Not sure that I understood what you mean ... could you clarify?

> In this case we can take the revisions where the least often scenario runs
> and publish them as "tested snapshots" (if all the CCs were fine on
> them of course)
>
> I feel that it might be easily implemented: there might be a scheduler script
> that monitors commits and put something on the Harmony web site
> and CC infrastructure that monitors the website and run CCs accordingly.
>
> Opinions?
>

>From my point of view the problem is technical - synchronizing CC for
different platforms. By 'synchronizing' I mean running CC on all
platforms for the same svn revision. If all CC testing scenarios pass
(long cycle)  we publish snapshots for that revision as 'developer
builds'. Does it works for you?

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura