harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony Q2 release requirements
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:16:03 GMT
On 3/5/07, Mikhail Loenko wrote:

> According to our high-level roadmap [1] we were going to make our
> first release in Q2. Let's define what we would like to see in our Q2
> release. If there are no objections let's discuss what we want that
> release being able to do.
>
> I suggest that we focus on stability measured by being able to
> successfully run a few solid applications and by pass rates for the
> test suites.
> So, I think in Q2 we should 1) run reasonable set of applications 2)
> have reasonable testing infrastructure and 3) pass reasonable set of
> test suites.
>
> Though we will be happy to accept all the patches that fix existing
> problems or add missing functionality, I suggest that people who hang
> around will focus on those scenarios that we will choose here
>
> Objections? :)

I agree that we need to have a milestone.

If there are no objections again, I'd like to propose that we will target:

> 1) keeping all the enabled apps in the "up" state
> (we will create a list of enabled apps and put them all into cruise
> control)

Having several apps successfully and stably running on Harmony is a good aim
for the release. I can focus on enabling and running regularly the apps that
make sense as we decide here.

2) running 2-3 open source server-side software

What about JBoss and BEA WebLogic?

3) running 2-3 open source developers tools

The first thing that spreads to my mind is Eclipse – IMHO it's very popular
developer's soft. We already have Eclipse hello world application testing
scenario running under CC. And we have a patch that integrates Eclipse unit
tests to build-and-test infra.

4) setting up necessary testing infrastructure and having near 100%
> pass rates for the suites we have
>

> 5) what about commercial software? Some time ago we agreed that it's
> OK to report failures/regression of commercial software. Should we
> have them in the "requirements" to our Q2 release?

I think it's OK to try commercial apps – having some commercial apps enabled
is a good indicator for Harmony. I think we should pick up some apps, try to
run them and see if everything goes smooth. Is there a good candidate?

Thanks,
Stepan.

Since currently the most stable platform is Windows/IA32 I suggest

--
Stepan Mishura