harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony Q2 release requirements
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:49:43 GMT

On Mar 6, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Jin Mingjian wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I'm not very optimistic with Q2 target. Before several days, I've
> tested the latest Harmony JDK (with default DRLVM) in the website,
> then I could not bootup my Eclipse3.3 M5 even(the latest Milestone of
> Eclipse). So I think we should put more carefulness into Q2 target.
> And the mainstream Applications may be tested in some way.

Lets not oversell the "Q2 target" as a be-all-end-all target.  We
have a continuous target for creating good software, so a sequence of
releases (monthly?) will let us put stakes in the ground, plan out
what we want to deliver, and make it clear to users what they can do
with the software.

I'm going to start a new thread to get us out of this hole.

geir