harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Apache Harmony Report, March 2007
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 00:51:39 GMT

Issues requiring the Board's attention: none.

Infrastructure
--------------
We have no outstanding infrastructure issues, and are happy to
report that things are working well.  Thanks, infra :)

Development
-----------

Development has been continuing, best described as "block and tackle"
work.  The
activity is centered around the VM, with the efforts focused on
stability and
performance, and the class library, where there's been most activity
around
bugfixing.  There has been some slight progress towards completion,
but most
of the efforts have been focused on the code that is there.

We've had a bit more activity around the testing infrastructure,
working to
add new tests and scenarios to help us do a better job at early
detection of
bugs.  Additionally, we have had several contributions of testing
software to the
project.

Security
--------
There were no reported security issues.

Community
---------
Collectively we're looking at putting together a formal release plan,
deciding
on features and timing.   We're also working to ensure that the
generated
snapshots pass their own unit tests.

geir