harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] tests failing on linux (Ubuntu 7.04-dev) with Quad Xeon P3
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:36:33 GMT
No I get the segmentation fault even when running "./java -version" with a
clean classlib + drlvm build from today's trunk. Of course, I also get the
jvmti failure but I think that this maybe because it's the first test we hit
in "build test".

I'll try to paste the gdb stack trace, but gmail is somehow thwarting my
paste attempts :-)




On 3/29/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I am not seeing that. Can you run the "./java -version" successfully?
>
> I tried running "gdb ./java" and it loaded me into GDB just fine.
>
> -Nathan
>
> On 3/29/07, Rana Dasgupta <rdasgupt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The jvmti tests are among the first to run. Is it a problem with jvmti
> > failures or is drlvm currently broken on linux? I seem to get a
> segmentation
> > violation running just the drlvm java executable on both 32 and 64 bit
> RHEL
> > Linux.
> >
> > gdb java
> >
> > I think shows an invalid pointer in hymem_free_memory()
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing this?
> >
> >
> >
> > On 3/29/07, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org > wrote:
> > >
> > > On 3/29/07, Gregory Shimansky < gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > > > > On 3/28/07, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > >> Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > > > >> > I'm getting consistent failures of the following tests on
> Ubuntu
> > > > >> > 7.04-dev running on Quad Xeon P3 hardware. I saw some other
> threads
> > > on
> > > > >> > the mailing list about failures on a dual CPU machine, are
> these
> > > the
> > > > >> > same failures.
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> > Is there anyway to get some more information about these
> failures?
> > > > >> > Stack trace? dumps?
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> > -Nathan
> > > > >> >
> > > > >> > Breakpoint1 failed on Client mode JIT (default)
> > > > >> > SingleStep1 failed on Client mode JIT (default)
> > > > >> > VMInit1 failed on Client mode JIT (default)
> > > > >> > Breakpoint1 failed on interpreter
> > > > >> > SingleStep1 failed on interpreter
> > > > >> > VMInit1 failed on interpreter
> > > > >>
> > > > >> The tests produce a report in
> > > > >> lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/reports which you can try
to
>
> > > > >> analyze. There should be the output why the tests failed. The
> tests
> > > > >> you've mentioned are single threaded and shouldn't depend on
the
> > > number
> > > > >> of CPUs.
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm seeing three folders under
> > > > > "build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/reports/" and "int",
> "jit"
> > > > > and "opt" folder. All of them are empty.
> > > >
> > > > Try this command line to run the test in command line. Tests have to
> be
> > > > compiled before running it
> > > >
> > > > ./lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/java -cp
> > > > make/tmp/junit.jar:./lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/classes
> > > >
> > >
> -agentpath:./lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/jvmti.tests/native/Breakpoint1/libBreakpoint1.so
> > > > junit.textui.TestRunner Breakpoint1.Breakpoint1
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Gregory
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > I tried that and this is what is output to the console (the report
> > > folders are still empty).
> > >
> > > DEBUG: Getting JVMTI enviroment...
> > > DEBUG: done!
> > > DEBUG: Setting capabilities...
> > > DEBUG: done!
> > > DEBUG: Setting events...
> > > DEBUG: done!
> > > Illegal instruction
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message