harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][sql] Non-bug difference of SerialClob.setString(long, String)?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:51:27 GMT
Hi guys,

As spec says, SerialClob.setString(long, String) throws SerialException - if
there is an error accessing the CLOB value; if an invalid position is set;
if an invalid offset value is set; if number of bytes to be written is
greater than the SerialClob length; or the combined values of the length and
offset is greater than the Clob buffer. But following code throws
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundException instead.
public void test() {
        String s = "hello";
        char[] buf = s.toCharArray();
        SerialClob serialClob = new SerialClob(buf);
        try {
            serialClob.setString(2, "hello");
            fail("should throw SerialException");
        } catch (SerialException e) {
            // expected
        }
}

Shall we follow RI or spec for this case?
We encounter many similar non-bug differences in SerialBlob, and IMHO, we'd
better follow spec and not copy RI's bug.
What's your opnion? Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang