harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] Gregory, please stop committing patches to the threading subsystem for now
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:28:44 GMT
Weldon Washburn wrote:
> Gregory,
> Please stop committing patches to the threading subsystem.  I really need
> time to look at patches such as H3504 before they are committed.
> All,
> This really highlights an issue that needs solving.  We now need to
> determine a very short list of Harmony VM engineers who will work on the
> threading subsystem.  The top priority is fixing basic design problems with
> the existing drlvm Thread Manager.  I think this short list is Peter
> Novodvorsky, Pavel Rebriy and myself.  We will use a combination of
> dev@harmony for decisons and irc freenode.net/harmony for interactive
> discussions.

Weldon, I think this is an inappropriate call.  While I understand that
you need to converge on a stable thread manager I don't think you should
ask that people are excluded from working on the problem.  By all means
ask that people take care, and that full and open discussion takes place
on the dev list, but we don't want to see people off in a huddle.

In summary, by all means ask for reasonable time to review
commits/discussions, but please no short list of Harmony engineers.

Regards,
Tim