harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ruth Cao <ruoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][testing] How to resolve FTP server dependency in test cases?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:35:56 GMT
Dear all,

When trying to take tests.api.java.net.URLTest out of exclude list, I
found a test case which requires a FTP server. Unfortunately, we do not
have such a stable server and it seems that Jetty does not support
embedded FTP server either. There may be two options that seem to be
feasible:

1) Use ftp://ftp.sun.com :-[   It is the FTP server used by TCK and
relatively stable, but is there any legal issue for this?
2) Find some other embedded FTP server project, such as Apache FTP
server or so.

Any comments or suggestion is highly welcome. Thanks a lot.

--
Regards,

Ruth Cao
China Software Development Lab, IBM