harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Yakushev" <andrey.yakus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][doc] missing starting pages for Doxygen docs
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:29:08 GMT
Now mainpages exist inside:
    vm\jitrino\src\jet\jet.cpp
    vm\include\open\mainpage.html
    vm\tests\unit\framework\testframe.h

icu4c for example uses separate *.h file for mainpage:
    working_classlib\deploy\include\icu4c\unicode\docmain.h

mainpage.html was added by me. I was going to use separate file like
icu4c did, but I used extension .html instead of .h in order to permit
easier editing inside Visual Studio. It could be renamed to .h if
needed.

I think that mainpage for source code documentation should be placed
together with the source (so no /doc folders) but I suggest don't
unify it placement. Let it be in include/ (for interfaces
description), in src/ (for implementation description or for
interfaces description if module doesn't have separate include/
folder), in some .h, .c, .cpp etc. or in a separate file as
appropriate for the particular module.

What kind of mainpages are you going to add, interface or
implementation description?

Thanks,
Andrey