harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] What platforms do we support?
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:29:45 GMT
> > IA64 and AMD64 on Linux.
> add Windows x86_64 to the list too.
>
> >DRLVM can't run on P3 chips; isn't that a little silly?
> Every task has its priority. Looks like this task is not hot one today and
> becomes colder every month. + DRLVM runs fine on Centrino laptops (PIII)
> with SSE/SSE2 support.

I have Quad P3 Xeon server running Ubuntu and I can't run Classlib +
DRLVM because of some 'mfence' instruction. When's the last time you
tried this on a Centrino chip?

I also have a P3 server running Windows 2000 and I can't run Classlib
+ DRLVM either.

Personally, I think this is a bit embarrassing, considering I'm
running a Sun JDK 5 to build all of this code (I've also use JDK 6
without issue too).

-Nathan